To be the recognised independent advisory institution, exemplary in regulation Public Service staff provisioning.
To ensure proper recruitment and retention of competent and suitably skilled personnel for the Public Service.
The Public Service Commission upholds and maintains with a firm commitment the following values:
- Professionalism: We believe in doing our work in a effective and efficient way that upholds the good reputation of the Public Service Commission.
- Integrity: We conduct business with honesty, trust and fairness.
- Confidentiality: We are conscious of the sensitive and confidential nature of many aspects of our work and believe in maintaining commensurate levels of confidentiality in respect to information that we deal with in the course of our work.
- Impartiality: We treat everyone equally irrespective of gender, race, religion or political persuasion.
- Accountability: We will own up to our actions as Public Office Bearers and report accurately on what is said and done.
The six Strategic Themes for the Public Service Commission are:
- Financial Management: This theme is concerned primarily with good financial governance. The PSC will strive to ensure that its financial resources are managed and deployed optimally. The PSC will ensure that the Audit reports are done and submitted on time and that the PSC will receive a green rating in the audits.
- Resource Mobilization: This theme is in recognition of the need to raise extra resources to successfully execute the initiatives in this Strategic Plan to bring about a transformation in the PSC.
- Staff Well-Being: An organization is as good as its people. This theme addresses the all important need to have satisfied and motivated employees. Under this theme there will be interventions that will result in improved staff skills, working environment, working conditions and a resultant improved self-image.
- Operational Efficiency: This theme addresses the need to implement manual and automated systems which will result in internal processes in the PSC running optimally, mitigating against bureaucracy, inefficiency and chaos.
- Service Delivery: This theme works in tandem with the other two themes above. It is concerned with turning the PSC into a world class organization in providing those services that are expected of it. Specifically the PSC will source the best and appropriate personnel for the Public Service: provide excellent policies and guidelines with regard to staff recruitment and remuneration etc.
- Stakeholder Relations: This theme has to do with improving interactions between the PSC and its stakeholders. This will be achieved by ratifying appropriate Service Level Agreements with Stakeholders such as the Anit-Corruption Commission, the GIPF and O/M/As/RCs.